Taking the Texas Examinations For Master Teachers (TExMAT)?
Texas Examinations for Master Teachers (TExMAT) is made up of 4 exams administered by the Texas State Board for Education Certification. The exams include the , and the Master Technology Teacher (MTT). The exams are administered by Education Testing Service (ETS)
• Candidates must have a teaching certificate and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
• Candidates need to complete an SBEC-approved MTT preparation program and pass the MTT test
• First time candidates first need to register a new account online
- Registered candidates should login into their accounts here
- After creating an account, candidates need to create an ETS testing account
- Candidates can also register via phone during emergency registration periods for paper based test only, call 1-800-205-2626, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central time, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays
- Mail registration can be done by downloading the application forms and sending completed forms to ETS – Texas Educator Certification Program, PO BOX 6001, Princeton, NJ, 08541-6001
Candidates will have to check the applicable exam handbook for exam content information
The Master Mathematics Teacher (MMT), Master Reading Teacher (MRT) and the Master Science Teacher (MST) are paper based tests
The Master Technology Teacher (MTT) is a computer based test taken separately
- The exam application fee is $120 Test fee (per test)
- Test results are scaled between 100 and 300
- A score of 240 is required to pass the MTT, MST, MST and MRT exams. The MRT also requires a score of at least 3 on the case study section
- Case study responses are scored scaled from 1 to 4 while performance assessments are scaled from 1 to 3
Complete TExMAT Study Guide & Practice Tests
Order PDF Download Version or Printed Book.
Publication Date: May 17, 2013
Modified: [insert_php] the_modified_date(’20y-m-d’); [/insert_php]
Published by:MoMetrix Test Preparation Inc.
By Complete Test Preparation Inc.
Availability: In Stock